The Alliance Française is the largest network of French language and cultural centers in the world. The Alliances across the world are dedicated to promoting French language and Francophone culture in order to foster relationships between people of all nationalities, ethnicities, and races.
- Over 1,000 Alliance chapters in the world.
- Over 136 countries have at least one city with an Alliance Française.
- 114 chapters in the United States.
The Alliance Française de Charlotte (aka “AFC”) was founded in 1949. The AFC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-governmental organization that is not subsidized by the French government. It is an educational and cultural association headed by a Franco-American Board of Directors.
The Alliance Française de Charlotte is a group of unique individuals who have a sincere and vested interest in the French language and culture’s heritage. Our organization is made up of a wide variety of people from all over the globe who wish to advance the study of French language, culture and influences.
- Our chapter has over 150 active members.
- We have at least one event per month for you to enjoy in Charlotte.
- There are lots of special social activities during the year.
- We have activities that suit all, join us to try them out!