The Queen City welcomes You!
We are so glad you decided to make Charlotte your new home. You will not be disappointed!
We have tried to gather below some information we hope will be helpful to you as you adjust to your new life and your new city:
- Charlotte is North Carolina's largest metropolitan area with 2.3 million residents (as of 2012.)
- Charlotte city itself has about 775,000 residents, making it the 17th largest city in the US. Charlotte metro is very spread out. Please remember that when deciding where to live (commute, school, work, etc.)
- Charlotte is the 2nd largest financial center by assets in the US, following New York, of course.
- The Queen City is home not only to Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Duke Energy, but also to the Carolina Panthers, the Hornets, the Checkers, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Speed Week, the US National Whitewater Center and many, many more attractive activities and businesses.
You will find below a few links that will provide you with essential information:
- Charmeck: The official City of Charlotte-Mecklenburg County’s website which contains information on living here, on businesses and recreational activities.
There are over 20 towns surrounding Charlotte. More information on each of these towns and their respective counties can be found here.
- CMS: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website provides detailed information on all public schools in the Charlotte metropolitan area (grades, locations, immersion programs, etc.)
There is no such website for private schools, though the Charlotte Magazine did a very decent job gathering information here.
- Charlotte's got a lot: A terrific travel and tourism website listing some of the many activities to do in the Queen City.