AFC Policies 2020
Alliance Française de Charlotte is a non-profit membership organization; enrollment requires membership, which is valid for 1 year and is non-refundable. However, the AF students benefit from the discount to students, as such an AF student membership is $15.
Please note that all students must pay a yearly non-refundable administration fee of $20.00 at registration (exception $20 is refundable if AF cancel the class).
Free online Placement test is required for all students who have any background with French, with possible follow-up by teachers, at the start of a session (but only once a year).
Click here to complete the placement test.
Minimums and Cancellation
Regular or themes Classes that do not meet minimum (4 students) are canceled. If you registered in a canceled course, we notify you, with the option to be refunded (exception of the membership and administration fee) OR with the option to increase the prices per students to meet the minimum to keep the class open.
À la Carte French classes has no minimum requirement.
A valid yearly Student Membership fee are also due at the time of application.
Regular classes: Deposit Due of $20 at Registration: by Cash, Check, or online payment. Full payment is due on the start date. Discount available for returning students.
A la carte French classes: minimum 5-Hours Due at Registration.
Payments by 3 installments available after review by the board, with postdated checks only, over 3 months.
Bounced checks will result in an additional fee of $25.
Withdrawals and Tuition Refunds Policy
Class Withdrawals must be made to the office, with request for a refund.
Please note that the membership and the administration fee are non-refundable. Please note that absence from class does not constitute notice of withdrawal. Tuition cannot be transferred to another person, private lessons or a future session.
Refunds: Tuition may be refunded
- Withdrawal before class begins: Withdrawals made at least a week prior to first class are fully refunded.
- Withdrawal after class begins:
- Regular classes: After the first class, no refunds will be issued, exceptions on case by case basis. If classes paid for 2 or 3 sessions and dropped after 1 session refund would be based on payment of 1 session. If classes paid for 3 sessions and dropped after 2 sessions refund would be based on payment on 2 sessions. Prorata prices available on case by case basis.
- A la carte French classes: After the first class, no refunds will be issued.
- Missed Classes: Refunds will not be granted for missed classes. Students should contact teachers via email to obtain missed work.
A la carte French classes
A minimum of 5 hours of lessons must be purchased at a time. Once purchased, lessons must be used within a 3 month period. For a cancellation or a change of appointment, notice must be received at least 24 hours in advance, or payment will be applied. An appointment may not be rescheduled frequently.
A student following the Regular classes can register for A la carte French without minimum hours.
Very rarely, it’s necessary to substitute a teacher. Refunds are not allowed due to such adjustments. In the event of inclement weather, general course cancellations will be posted on our website and/or students will be notified by email or text messages. Make-up classes will be scheduled and announced by email or text message.
By registering for a class, students accept the above policies.