AFC Policies and Health measures 2020 - 2021
Alliance Française de Charlotte is a non-profit membership organization; enrollment requires membership, which is valid for 1 year and is non-refundable. However, the AF students benefit from the discount to students, as such an AF student membership is $15.
Please note that all students must pay a yearly non-refundable administration fee of $30.00 at registration. The administration fee includes an online evalang test worth $15 that could be taken at anytime.
A placement test is required for all students who have any background with French, with possible follow-up by teachers, at the start of a session (but only once a year). You could choose the interview or the evalang test.
Click here to complete the placement test.
Minimums and Cancellation
Regular Classes or Holiday regular classes that do not meet minimum (4 students or otherwise specified) are canceled. If you registered in a canceled course, we notify you, with the option to be refunded (exception of the membership and administration fee) OR with the option to increase the prices per students to meet the minimum to keep the class open.
À la Carte French classes has no minimum requirement.
A valid yearly Student Membership fee are also due at the time of application.
Regular classes: Full payment is due on the start date. Discount available for the 2nd and 3rd application on the same enrollment within the same year on Regular sessions (not available on Holiday sessions).
A la carte French classes: minimum 5-Hours Due at Registration.
Payments by 3 installments available after review by the board, with postdated checks only, over 3 months.
Bounced checks will result in an additional fee of $25.
Withdrawals and Tuition Refunds Policy
Class Withdrawals must be made to the office, with request for a refund.
Please note that the membership and the administration fee are non-refundable. Please note that absence from class does not constitute notice of withdrawal. Tuition cannot be transferred to another person, private lessons or a future session.
Refunds: Tuition may be refunded
- Withdrawal before class begins: Withdrawals made at least a week prior to first class are fully refunded.
- Withdrawal after class begins:
- Regular classes: After the first class, no refunds will be issued, exceptions on case by case basis. If classes paid for 2 or 3 sessions and dropped after 1 session refund would be based on payment of 1 session. If classes paid for 3 sessions and dropped after 2 sessions refund would be based on payment on 2 sessions. Prorata prices available on case by case basis.
- A la carte French classes: After the first class, no refunds will be issued.
- Missed Classes: Refunds will not be granted for missed classes. Students should contact teachers via email to obtain missed work.
A la carte French classes
A minimum of 5 hours of lessons must be purchased at a time. Once purchased, lessons must be used within a 3 month period. For a cancellation or a change of appointment, notice must be received at least 24 hours in advance, or payment will be applied. An appointment may not be rescheduled frequently.
A student following the Regular classes can register for A la carte French without minimum hours.
Very rarely, it's necessary to ask a student to withdraw himself from a class due to inappropriate behavior and language or disruptive attitude that continue after some warnings. Refunds are not allowed in such a case.
Very rarely, it’s necessary to substitute a teacher. Refunds are not allowed due to such adjustments. In the event of inclement weather, general course cancellations will be posted on our website and/or students will be notified by email or text messages. Make-up classes will be scheduled and announced by email or text message.
By registering for a class, students accept the above policies.
Due to the current health crisis, we have put in place a number of protective measures to guarantee your health as well as that of our teachers for Fall session 2020 and until further notice.
We know that, like us, you put health imperatives above all other considerations and that you will accept the constraints that this may represent.
We also thank you for taking into account the following rules and respecting them, as we are committed to them ourselves.
- You are asked to wear a face mask when entering the Educational Building of Myers Park Baptist Church.. If you don't have your mask, contact your teacher who will get you one outside the building.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory in the MPBC Education building at any time and in our French classroom until further notice. Your teacher will wear a shield to teach the class.
- You are asked to social distancing with the students leaving the classroom. A duration of 30 minutes will be allowed between two consecutive classes to allow time to leave and enter without meeting the others. Please do not crowd the corridor. Please used the stairs instead of the lift when possible.
- You are asked to bring your own class affairs (pencil etc.. ). If you have to share an item use the hand sanitizer gel before and after the use of that item.
- Upon entering the classroom, you will be asked to disinfect your hands with a hydroalcoholic gel available to you, while leaving the classroom and as needed.
- You are asked to refrain from drinking and eating in the class. However, if you are thirsty you could go outside the classroom, and drink from your own bottle.
- You will be asked to respect a minimum distance of 2 meters (6 feet) between people, the desks being set up for this purpose. Please see the map on the floor for desks limitations.
- You will be asked to disinfect your own desk and your own chair with a disinfectant wipe when the class is finished. The windows will be open in-between classes (and sometimes during classes) to allow new fresh air.
Alliance Française of Charlotte thanks you for your understanding - Together against the virus
By registering for a ON SITE class, students accept to comply to the above health measures.