Interested in learning French?
The Alliance Française de Charlotte offers French classes for adults during the week, daytime and evening.
For children's classes, and to learn more about options available for school-age children, please visit our section ‘French in the School System’.
Whether you are learning French for the first time or want to brush-up on what you learned in school, the AFC offers a range of classes to fit your needs and will help you improve your French. Click on the following links for more information:
- All sessions: click here
New Offer - French à la carte / Flexible French
Your regular schedule doesn’t fit our class offerings? You have missed the start of the session? You need a more flexible schedule? You want a crash course for you team at work?
You are really interested in pursuing your French learning or in starting in French. Consider our new concept of “French à la carte!”
If you want a private lesson or if you are a small group of French learners (preferably of a similar French level), and you have a day and time that works for all of you, we can tailor to your needs and your French learning objectives!
Contact us whenever your group is made up – the number of participants in your group will determine your class rate (see the table below). Please do the placement test to help the teacher to determine your level.
- Class locations: your choice
- A package of 6hrs minimum is required.
- Start date: your choice
- Frequency: your choice
- 24 hour cancelation policy
|Number of participants||Individual charge per 1hr session|
Our French Classes and Workshops Sessions
Fall classes session:
- Labor day week - Thanksgiving (11 weeks): September 4th, 2017 - November 17th, 2017
Winter workshop session:
- End of November - Mid-December (3 weeks): November 27th, 2017 - December 15th, 2017
Spring classes session:
- January 2nd week – End of March (11 weeks): January 5th, 2018 - March 23rd, 2018
Summer classes session:
- Mid-April – Beginning of June (9 weeks) - short session: April, 4th, 2018 - June 6th, 2018
- Mid-April – End of June (11 weeks): April 4th, 2018 - June, 22th, 2018
End of Summer workshop session:
- End of August (3 weeks): August 8th, 2017 - August, 26th, 2017
Schedule Grammar Classes (proficiency in language structure)
(twice a week, 90 minutes - please contact us for details)
- LEVEL A1 MORNING / TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 8:30am to 10:00am
- LEVEL A1 EVENING / MONDAY and WEDNESDAY from 5:00pm to 6:30pm
- LEVEL A1 EVENING / TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 5:00pm to 6:30pm
- LEVEL A2 EVENING / TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- LEVEL B1vol2 MORNING / MONDAY and WEDNESDAY from 9:00am to 10:30am
- LEVEL B1vol1 MORNING / MONDAY and WEDNESDAY from 11:00am to 12:30pm
- LEVEL B1 EVENING / TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 6:30pm to 8:00am
- LEVEL B2 MORNING / TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- LEVEL C1 EVENING / TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 3:00pm to 4:30pm
Schedule Conversation Classes (oral expression and comprehension)
(once a week, 90 minutes - may vary, please contact us for details)
- LEVEL B1vol2 MORNING / TUESDAY from 10:00am to 11:30am
- LEVEL B2 MORNING / WEDNESDAY from 11:00am to 12:30pm
- LEVEL C1 EVENING / WEDNESDAY from 6:30pm to 8:00pm
TUESDAY - WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY: 1 session of 90 minutes 3 times a week (please contact us for details) / Possibility to take 1 week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks.
- LEVEL A1 morning / from 9:00am to 10:30am
- LEVEL A1 evening / from 5:00pm to 6:30pm
- LEVEL A2, B1 and B2 morning / from 10:30am to 12:00pm
- LEVEL A2, B1 And B2 evening / from 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- LEVEL C1 morning / from 12:00pm to 1:30pm
Current membership is required of all AF students. If you are a new student, please purchase a membership. Please renew your membership if you are a returning student with an expired membership. A yearly administration fee is required of all AF students.
NOTE: Classes canceled if minimums not met. Each student must have or buy the course material required for the class.
Registration confirms acceptance of policies.
Please contact us if you're interested in taking this course. Pricing varies depending on the number of registrations we receive.