The benefits of spelling bees extend beyond language. Since children are required to spell words while on stage, kids develop self-confidence, communication and public speaking skills, and the ability to thrive under pressure. For those reasons, your Alliance and its partner have acknowledged the importance of Spelling in French..
Your Alliance is proud to introduce this contest that your students are simply challenged to spell in French!
Categories: Open to all French learners. Students are divided into two categories by their grade. Only $5
1. Grades 6-8 – Middle school
2. Grades 9-12 – High school
The concept is simple
1. The students practice spelling in French
2. Each speller has a French teacher referee
3. One online session to practice with the practice words list
4. The final is on site on March 12 with friends and family support
5. The judges announce the winners of scholarships on March 12 following the contest
6. Winners receive scholarships + Their Teachers receive prizes
7. Full day event with food, drinks and more
8. Flyer available HERE
How do I submit entries?
- Register with our AF partner HERE
- Sign the release form and pay $5 per speller
- Rules and procedures HERE
Prizes 3 to 5 Winners per Category
All winners receive scholarships -
- Can a homeschooling student register? Yes, the speller will provide the name of the referee who could be a parent or tutor.
- Is the FSB open to speller outside NC? Yes, the transportation or the accommodation is at the charge of the speller.
- Old FSB results HERE
- Contact us for more questions or concerns FrenchSpellingBee
Thank you to our sponsor French Horse education